Director, QC Chemistry
The Director of QC Chemistry Laboratory participates in long range planning and directs and coordinates the implementation of plans for developing and expanding the business.
CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS
- Develop strategic plans and implement changes throughout the laboratory environment.
- Ensure company objectives are met through the selection, development, motivation and management of lab staff.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and implement strategic business initiatives with the objective of consistently producing accurate test results, maintaining clients and increasing business.
- Ensure that client needs are met in a cost effective manner by planning and managing the laboratory budget.
- Interact with clients/projects requiring multiple resources and effectively facilitate inter-company and interdepartmental initiatives and interactions to best meet the needs of the client/project.
- Participate in large project quotes with attention to profitability and client satisfaction.
- Proactively participate in trade and professional associations to promote the company with the goal of increasing sales.
- Responsible for overall laboratory operations attention to consistent implementation of policies, procedures and business practices.
- Foster smoothly running laboratory functions through timely and effective resolution of disruptions.
- Ensure the attainment of company objectives through the selection, development, motivation and evaluation of lab staff. Directly manage the laboratory relating to hiring, termination, and performance management issues.
- Follows all safety rules and regulations.
- Follows all cGMP rules and regulations.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
Qualifications include a Master’s and/or Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or a related discipline is required with 5+ years of chemistry analytical laboratory experiences in a pharmaceutical contract laboratory environment and 3+ years’ experience managing laboratory personnel. Knowledge of cGMPs and related compliance regulations and guidances required.
Must have experience with the various products and services the Company offers including stability studies, method development and validation, LIMS, ELN and Chromatography Data Systems.
MINIMUM SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to properly schedule the workload to meet the varying demands.
- Ability to develop appropriate strategies used in the laboratory to address market segments or business growth.
- Self-starting, motivated person who possesses strong interpersonal who is able to motivate, train and monitor the Laboratory personnel by establishing and maintaining guidelines for standards of performance.
- Delegate responsibilities to Managers and Group leaders.
- Proven ability to be an effective hands-on leader.
- Objectively evaluate the performance of others.
- Must have excellent organizational, verbal communication and technical documentation skills.
- Analytical Chemists *All-Levels*
- Analytical Chemist II, Raw Materials
- Director, QC Chemistry
- Associate Director, Extractables & Leachables
- Associate Director, Quality Assurance
- Client Services Associate Project Manager
- Environmental Monitoring EM Technician
- IT Manager
- Lab Technician - Chemistry
- Microbiology Manager
- Microbiologist III
- QA Specialist II
- Senior Scientist - Extractables & Leachables
- Scientist II - Method Development and Validation
- Senior Scientist - Method Development and Validation