Lab Technician – Chemistry
The Lab Technician will perform routine laboratory tasks and assist laboratory personnel according to FDA, cGMP and Boston Analytical’s Standard Operating Procedures.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Cleans and maintains laboratory glassware, equipment, supplies and laboratory.
- Monitors and maintains water system.
- Properly handles, stores and disposes of hazardous materials.
- Prepares samples for testing.
- Will be trained on basic chemistry tests.
- Follows all safety rules and regulations.
- Follows all cGMP rules and regulations.
- Documents results of tests and analyses.
- Ensures all work performed strictly adheres to cGMP, Company, client and Pharmacopeial methodologies.
- Assists Chemists and other company personnel on an as needed basis.
- Assist in proper management of hazardous waste and compliance with DES hazardous waste rules.
- Handling hazardous waste by segregating organic waste from aqueous waste and consolidating waste as directed.
A minimum of an AS degree in a scientific discipline is required. A Laboratory Technician should be willing to attend technical training classes to enhance skills or correct identified deficiencies. Requires the ability to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. 8-hour HAZWOPER training is a plus. There is no minimal related work experience required.
Minimum Skills Requirements:
- Must have the ability and skill to perform the detailed job requirements noted above competently, safely and proficiently.
- Self-starting motivated person who possesses good interpersonal skills and who is able to effectively interact with all departments with the Company.
- Must have good organizational and verbal communication skills.
- Basic computer skills required. Experience with cGMP is preferred.
- Must be a team player with integrity and concern for the quality of Company products, services and staff members.