Lab Technician – Microbiology
The Lab Technician in the Microbiology Lab will perform routine laboratory tasks and assist laboratory personnel according to FDA, cGMP and Boston Analytical’s Standard Operating Procedures.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Cleans and maintains laboratory glassware (including sterilization), equipment, and laboratory.
- Monitors and maintains water system, including sample collection for Bioburden, TOC, and Conductivity.
- Properly handles, stores and disposes of hazardous materials according to OSHA and Boston Analytical procedures.
- Performs weekly inventory and stocks lab with reagents for testing as needed.
- Will be trained on basic microbiology tests including growth promotion of incoming batches of purchased media.
- Documents results of tests and analyses.
- Ensures all work performed strictly adheres to cGMP, Company, client and Pharmacopeial methodologies.
- Assists Microbiologists and other company personnel on an as needed basis.
- Follows all safety rules and regulations.
- Follows all cGMP rules and regulations.
- Assist in proper management of hazardous waste and compliance with DES hazardous waste rules.
- Handling hazardous waste by segregating organic waste from aqueous waste and consolidating waste as directed.
A High School Diploma is required. A Laboratory Technician should be willing to attend technical training classes to enhance skills or correct identified deficiencies. There is no minimal related work experience required. MUST be willing to work first shift, Monday through Friday from 8:30am-5:00pm, OR second shift, Monday through Friday from 2:00pm-10:30pm.
Minimum Skills Requirements:
Must have the ability and skill to perform the detailed job requirements noted above competently, safely and proficiently. Self-starting motivated person who possesses good interpersonal skills and who is able to effectively interact with all departments with the Company. Must have good organizational and verbal communication skills. Basic computer skills required. Experience with cGMP is preferred. Must be a team player with integrity and concern for the quality of Company products, services and staff members.
- Analytical Chemists *All-Levels*
- Analytical Chemist II, Raw Materials
- Associate Director, Extractables & Leachables
- Associate Director, Quality Assurance
- Environmental Monitoring EM Technician
- Microbiology Manager
- Microbiologist II
- Quality Assurance Specialist
- Senior Scientist - Extractables & Leachables
- Scientist II - Method Development and Validation
- Senior Scientist - Method Development and Validation