Lab Technician – Microbiology
The Lab Technician in the Microbiology Lab will perform routine laboratory tasks and assist laboratory personnel according to FDA, cGMP and Boston Analytical’s Standard Operating Procedures.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Cleans and maintains laboratory glassware (including sterilization), equipment, and laboratory.
- Monitors and maintains water system, including sample collection for Bioburden, TOC, and Conductivity.
- Properly handles, stores and disposes of hazardous materials according to OSHA and Boston Analytical procedures.
- Performs weekly inventory and stocks lab with reagents for testing as needed.
- Will be trained on basic microbiology tests including growth promotion of incoming batches of purchased media.
- Documents results of tests and analyses.
- Ensures all work performed strictly adheres to cGMP, Company, client and Pharmacopeial methodologies.
- Assists Microbiologists and other company personnel on an as needed basis.
- Follows all safety rules and regulations.
- Follows all cGMP rules and regulations.
- Assist in proper management of hazardous waste and compliance with DES hazardous waste rules.
- Handling hazardous waste by segregating organic waste from aqueous waste and consolidating waste as directed.
Requirements & Qualifications
Qualifications include an AS or BS degree in Microbiology or related scientific discipline is required. A Laboratory Technician should be willing to attend technical training classes to enhance skills or correct identified deficiencies. There is no minimal related work experience required.
Minimum Skills Required
- Must have the ability and skill to perform the detailed job requirements noted above competently, safely and proficiently.
- Self-starting motivated person who possesses good interpersonal skills and who is able to effectively interact with all departments with the Company.
- Must have good organizational and verbal communication skills.
- Basic computer skills required. Experience with cGMP is preferred.
- Must be a team player with integrity and concern for the quality of Company products, services and staff members.