Supply Chain Specialist
The Supply Chain Specialist will be responsible for performing administrative and physical tasks involved in shipping, receiving, purchasing, storing, and distribution of materials and supplies to support operations. In this position you are responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure deliverables are properly received, logged, labeled, and stored accurately against purchase orders and company standard operating procedures.
- Prepare goods for shipments, maintain records of shipment and follow appropriate shipping requirements as instructed.
- Distribute materials, equipment, and supplies to appropriate personnel/departments.
- Perform inventory cycle counts and physical inventories as directed.
- Generate purchase orders from quotes, requisitions, and inventory spreadsheets.
- Process and place outgoing orders in a timely manner via phone and internet.
- Obtain vendor product or service information including price, availability and delivery schedule.
- Following up with vendors on delivery dates, backorders and missing/incomplete shipments and monitor/document vendor performance.
- Record details of vendor correspondences, make appropriate notations on accounts and file documents.
- Maintain related records, reports and paperwork.
- Assist the Supply Chain Manager and Materials Department with tasks as needed.
- Actively participate in the company’s continuous improvement Initiative.
- Follows all safety rules and regulations.
- Follows all cGMP rules and regulations.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
A high school diploma required, associates preferred. Computer literate with proficient knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel. Exceptional attention to detail and record keeping skills are mandatory. Requires the ability to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs and able to transport 150+ lbs by hand truck. Experience working in the analytical laboratory or related industry preferred.
MINIMUM SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
Must have the ability and skill to perform the detailed job requirements noted above competently, safely, accurately and proficiently. Self-starting highly motivated person who possesses excellent time management, multi-tasking, verbal communication and organizational skills. Must have an ability to prioritize and complete tasks accurately and efficiently. Must have excellent interpersonal skills capable of effectively interacting with all co-workers, vendors and business contacts in an efficient, courteous and professional manner. Experience with cGMP is preferred. Must be a team player with integrity and concern for the quality of Company products, services and staff members.