The product characteristics of a pharmaceutical material can influence decisions made in formulation, process development, manufacturing, quality control, and lot release testing. Boston Analytical can test pharmaceutical products to determine specific physical and/or chemical properties.
Boston Analytical’s scientists using our modern molecular characterization laboratory can provide you with detailed information about the makeup of your product so you can ensure your product’s safety, purity, identity, and potency.
Pharmaceutical Product Characterization Services
- Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC)
- Thermogravimetric Analysis (TGA)
- X-Ray Powder Diffraction (XRPD)
- Metals Testing (ICP-MS) and Atomic Absorption (AA)
- Particle Size Distribution, using the Malvern Mastersizer 2000
- Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy (IR, FTIR)
- Ultraviolet-visible Absorption Spectroscopy (UV/VIS)
- Fluorescence Spectroscopy
- Carbon, Hydrogen, Nitrogen, Oxygen, and Sulfur Analysis (CHNOS/CHNSO Elemental Analysis)
- Mass Spectrometry (GC-MS, UPLC-MS)
- Surface Area
- Refractive Index, using the Abbe Refractometer
- Optical Rotation